Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10
Anyone using Rpro on Windows 10?

I have not had any issues using Rpro on win7-8.1. I would assume no issues with 10, but thought i'd ping out a query.

Thanks!
Not yet, but as long as 32 bit edition is available i wouldn't expect surprises (regarding V8.6) ashere were no major concerns from 2000 to 7, just on 7 i noticed some failures in bringing up the polling screen after process/exchange. Never tried 8.x yet as well.

In case someone has the chance please drop a line, would be good to know.
Quote:twgjr (9/14/2015)
Anyone using Rpro on Windows 10?

I have not had any issues using Rpro on win7-8.1. I would assume no issues with 10, but thought i'd ping out a query.

Thanks!

DANG Windows, somehow the Auto Upgrade was scheduled, and updated overnight.

I can report that, Rpro 8.6 does work on Windows 10.

Thanks!
I have installed Retail Pro 9 on Windows 10 fro training purposes. You must right click and "run as Administrator" the first time.
I'm interested to see if anyone has encountered major issues with RPRO 8 on Windows 8.1 and 10.

Working in Peer to peer without an issues?

Server/ Client?
Quote:Brett R (6/1/2016)
I'm interested to see if anyone has encountered major issues with RPRO 8 on Windows 8.1 and 10.

Working in Peer to peer without an issues?

Server/ Client?

Brett I'm out this week, I'll be happy to take a phone call on any questions,

Running rpro 8.6 on same network for about 9 ws.

Only have minor issues
When one of our managers clicked on the free upgrade to Win 10...it was a disaster. Staying with Win 7 professional for now, but happy to know that 8 works as well.
Retail Pro 8.x works perfectly fine on Win 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 provided you have x32 version. Settings in win 7 are you right click on the RPRO8.EXE go to properties nd run it as administrator. But if u want to stop the annoying message of windows then change the UAC settings to None. Problem solved.

Windows 8, 8.1 and 10:

Install the ntvdm from the Add remove features in windows or simply hit process out and it will ask you to install ntvdm hit okay and done.

Always run the Retail Pro executable as Administrator.