Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Main Server
Brick 
We are running Windows 2000 Server
Intel Xeo 2.6 Ghz and 2Gig Ram

HOW MUCH better will Rpro 8.6 run with a newer Main?

It does not run poorly now, and Memory/CPU use on the main is pretty much 30% or less.

(Yes it is a dinosaur, Yes it probably is not the most secure)
Wayne
Hi Wayne, we have clients using 2008r2 and 2012r2 as a file server only as they are both 64bit. 2008 32 bit standard was the last supported server for v8 from RPI. Because of v8's file locking system we have known issues of slowness and lockups using win7 and better with v8. There are some tweaks that can be made to the NIC cards and OS that can help alleviate that, and Retail Pro has changed the program itself in 8.7 to help adjust, but it is a known issue we see occasionally with large LAN networks on modern systems.
(07-21-2017, 01:07 PM)Brett R Wrote: Hi Wayne, we have clients using 2008r2 and 2012r2 as a file server only as they are both 64bit. 2008 32 bit standard was the last supported server for v8 from RPI. Because of v8's file locking system we have known issues of slowness and lockups using win7 and better with v8. There are some tweaks that can be made to the NIC cards and OS that can help alleviate that, and Retail Pro has changed the program itself in 8.7 to help adjust, but it is a known issue we see occasionally with large LAN networks on modern systems.

I don't think I am experiencing any Server slowness. Rpro is very responsive, maybe when all 10 of us are all active during the exact same time, maybe there is a slight hesitation.

I KNOW I need to upgrade the server, but I don't think I'm going to have that WOWOWOWW so fast, when I'm upgraded... (and maybe I'm wrong)

WG