Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sales Orders files abort polling
Just recently purged old Sales Order info at remote locations and now the "O" files cause an error message (code 204 or 216) and abort the polling process at the Main for all locations. I have run the Reconstruct at all locations, and a separate Reconstruct for all the SO..dat and SOA.. dat files to no avail. The only way to successfully run polling is to either delete manually the "O" files or just not poll Sales Order info. Any suggestions?  Everything was working smoothly for a long time prior to deleting the old docs. (Hence, my absence from this forum....want to belatedly thank those who helped with previous issues)

Rozel
How large is your SO****.DAT? You may need to purge them. Also try removing the bad mailbags, reconstruct the SO files before polling and see if that handles it.
(07-17-2018, 01:51 PM)Brett R Wrote: How large is your SO****.DAT? You may need to purge them. Also try removing the bad mailbags, reconstruct the SO files before polling and see if that handles it.

That's precisely what caused the current problems....the SO****.dat files were big and had not been purged in a long time, so I purged several years of info.  Have been removing bad mailbags daily and doing reconstructs of SO files at remote and main. The bad mailbags are held in Wait status and I read somewhere that that means corresponding files are in use? Is there something else I should be checking? I run RetailPro DB before each reconstruct. Can I delete the SO****.dat file at Main...will it recreate itself? Running out of ideas here as to the real source of the problem.
We seemed to have found the solution to the SO***.dat files and our polling problem.

We upgraded the Main to 8.7, but afterwards also ran under DVS the "recalculate committed". I believe the latter is what actually corrected the situation after the major purge of SO files that we had done. We had never run that utility before. Wanted to pass this info along.

PS
OK...so what I said above was incorrect. The Utility "recalculate committed" didn't help with last night's polling. I think the solution was updating to 8.7...we have not finished that process as yet. The polling that worked was from a remote location that has 8.7...the remotes with 8.6 don't