Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
markdowns as related to the web site
Hello,

I am very excited to have found a retail pro forum. I hope to be able to contribute some of my 10 years of using retail pro and well as gain some new knowledge. My question is that we are currently using the markdown feature in retail pro. When we put this item on the web it only shows the markdown price and not the original price. So the customer does not see the original and the sale price. When we make the change in the manager, eci overwrights it. Any one have any better options for me? I would be greatly in dept to you if you did.

Thanks a ton

Desperate for help

Kristi
Hi Kristi!

Ten years! Wow, it's nice to talk to a fellow veteran (14 years for me!).

The main question is this - are you using UniteU? Are you using Retail Dimensions? Also, are you storing the original price in another price level?
Hi Dan

Yes that is a long time. We have seen it come so far and yet I am always learning new ways to use the system for my business as it grows as well. I am using Uniteu. I have been with them for a little over a year. I know just enough to be dangerous but not enough to get my self out of trouble sometimes. Oh well if you dont try you will never learn. I am just using one pricing level. That is all we have ever used and I am not sure how to use it. One of my staff and I were trying to read some stuff in the help but it was no help. So out on my own I have gone. Thanks for the interest. I look forward to being a part of the forum.

Kristi
Kristi,

I do have a few suggestions. First, I would talk to the folks at UniteU and see if they can support sending the original price, if it is stored in another price level. If they can, then you should get some training on how to use multiple price levels, and how to copy prices from one price level to another, especially when marking down.

Let me know if I can help any further.
I have talked to Uniteu and they told me that if I wanted to use the markdown feature in retail pro that I would not be able show a sale price. They basically said that I had to choose between using markdowns and showing sale prices. I am going to keep searching for a better way. I have read a little about price levels and that does not seem to be to hard. Then I will try to figure out a way to maybe use that with my sale section. If I figure it out I will let you know. I cant believe that no one else has had this problem. I have posted it on Uniteu's forum but I have not recieved any responses. Oh well. Thanks though for your time

Kristi